Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Jessica's 1st day teaching at the Ross Academy

Today is July 8th. We had such a busy day. We are still in vacation mode so everyone is still sleeping in until 9:30 (except Mike, who has to go to work). We woke up and right away Myles and Addi started to play w/ Johnny and Eric. Ashley helped me set up the garage with tables and art supplies. We pulled down our folding chairs and needed to still borrow 4 from the Gardner's and 2 from the Gramer's. Jessica arrived at 11:30 and we began! I had already fed my kids and some of the kid's friends breakfast and put out snacks. The first class was about changing and ordinary object in our environment and making it more "special" The artist we focused on was "Christof" but I don't know the exact spelling.. I know it's awful.. it's outside but I am too lazy to go check just for the blog. Myles, Ashley, Jonah, Sasha, Sandra, Joanna, Pamela, Jamie, Philip and Eric were the class participants of the day. . Ashley loved it! She worked so diligently. She painted rocks and glittered them. She also painted some leaves after watching her Auntie work on her project. I made a piece of driftwood into what I call... lady liberty. Myles painted some rocks and worked with leaves and sticks. Jonah did also. Rock painted seemed to be the big hit. The Gramer girls, Sash and Jamie all did a great project too. The took a cooler and used fabric, rocks, tissue, glue, pipe cleaners and tape. They made the cooler into a flower pot.. used the material to represent the ground and sky.... they cut out butterflies from some material and made flowers w/ the tissue and pipe cleaners.
When we all finished we set everything back outside for others to enjoy. Jessica also decorated our climbing tree in the front yard, painted leaves and pinned them in the ground, painted a tic tac toe board on the grass and painted rocks to use for the game pieces... we had fun. Thanks Jess. Then we all went over to the Riege's house and had cake/ice cream to celebrate the pre-adoption of Ben. The kids played and swam... Ashley also had her very first day of soccer practice at 6:00 pm. She had so much fun and LOVED IT. She ran hard and really listened to the coaches. I am excited for her to enjoy this sport. She's got her 2 friends on the team: Nina and Abby. Abby couldn't be here today she was at her cabin.
Then it was home... quickly then run to the grocery... Mike took the kids for a walk.. home, clean, make dinner for Mike and kids.. very late 9:30 pm. YIKES. books and bed.
It was a busy day.. and did I mention that I began painting the trim around our house today??? Good night.

No comments: