I am very sorry... it has been far too long. So.. now it's mid July and feels like October. What a chilly summer so far... with only a handful of warm days. Just getting home from an amazing trip camping w/ old friends. Dad invited Jess and I to go to the Stepan's cabin in Aitkin MN (3 hours North) with all the kids. Stepan kids- Brad, Tim and Kelly there with their children and what a fun time had by all! Deb's kids- Aaron, Sara and Alicia came... no Tim though... and Kimberly came too. Madden being only 4 months old... we were offered the kid's playhouse... clean and carpeted with lighting and a heater... we had it easy. Everyone else pitched their tents! The kid's had such a blast. We had campfires, smores of course!, pontooning, paddle boating, fishing... lot's of fishing..., yard games (ladder golf my favorite), card games (Skipbo on my Christmas list now), Archery and Bullet took us on a hayride. We picked wild flowers and enjoyed the sunshine! Sasha took some great pictures of the girls and I.
Mike and I spent little time together... I heard the stars were amazing from the dock but never saw them. :( Seems like we were just alternating taking care of our lovely little ones.. but that is okay... a time and a season for all. It was just such a wonderful time
Madden did great the first day... by the evening of day 2 he was ready to come home.
Ashley and Addison were so sweet and won an old man's heart over on our hayride... he came out to let us know that picking wild flowers from the ditch was illegal... although I don't think it is... the girls were apologizing and thanking him for letting them have his flowers.
The man, Mr Ravis, came out and said ... you know that's illegal to pick the flowers! We said... no we didn't know. Bullet used kindness and patience and wisdom and was apologetic. The man had a dog, after Ashley said, "I am sorry for picking your flowers.. "she said... "I like your dog" he said, it's an old dog... (kind of grumpy) and She said, "We have an old dog too. What is your dog's name?" Who named your dog?" This went on and on... and Mr. Ravis ended up telling us that he would let the girl's pick the flowers out of his yard next time if they asked permission.
It was the talk of the weekend.
On our hayride we saw a deer and the world's biggest dandelion.
We came in that night and Ashley and Addi were ready for swimming. I thought they were crazy and told them it was cold since it was only like 60 degrees... but as we all know... some things we just need to learn for ourselves... so off they went w/ Grama Deb.
Great pictures to show.
I will have to update everyone more on the missing months in time to come.
Oh... one of the best moments... I tucked the kids in on the first evening... and as I walked away from that little playhouse... I hear my little Addison say, "Guys, mom's gone... get up!" Then I hear some mumbling and Addi, with great disappointment says... Oh....".
No comments:
Post a Comment