Myles had his first day as a First Grader! Everything went well. He seemed a little nervous when we all dropped him off. He also apparently did not know exactly what a car pool lane was.
I told him that I would pick him up in the car pool lane and explained what he should do.
The teacher let him out after school and he didn't follow the group.
He was by himself looking around when my neighbor girl spotted him and asked if he was looking for me. He said I must be late so he should just walk home w/ her.
Needless to say, I didn't know any of this so when it was my turn to ask for Myles at the front.. he wasn't there. They were paging him in the school and looking for him but no sign of him.
A small part of me was not surprised that he wasn't there and I even said out loud... I bet he walked home. The lady waiting out front said, "you think he did"? Well, he has never walked home from the school before and certainly hasn't had permission to. But... I drove home in hopes to find him. I did 3 blocks away from our house with Jamie. The school called right as I was walking in the door to see if he was safe.
We obviously had a long talk that night about how he would be getting home in the future.
YIKES!
Monday, September 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is so scary!
Post a Comment